- ¾ red bell pepper, coarsely chopped into chunks
- 3–5 cayenne peppers, or other spicy red chili peppers, stems removed
- 3–4 cloves garlic
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 ½ cups apricot preserves
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ tsp, heaping, salt
- Soak red bell pepper and cayenne in hot, almost boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and place in blender.
- Place all remaining ingredients into blender and blend until smooth
- Taste and adjust to your liking, adding more chili peppers for spice or ketchup for sweetness.
- Store in jar in fridge for up to 2-3 months.